CALLING ALL PERFORMANCE POETS AND SPOKEN WORD ARTISTS!
St Kilda Writers Week presents the premiere season of an exciting and totally live new monthly event:
SLAM BARD AT THE VINEYARD
WHEN: 7PM FOR 730PM ON THE LAST WEDNESDAY NIGHT OF THE MONTH MAY TO NOVEMBER 2022:
WEDNESDAYS 25 MAY, 29 JUNE, 27 JULY, 24 AUGUST, 28 SEPTEMBER, 26 OCTOBER
WITH A GRAND FINAL ON
WEDNESDAY 23 NOVEMBER TO DECIDE WHO WILL BE THE SLAM BARD AT THE VINEYARD
WHERE: THE VINEYARD RESTAURANT & BAR 71A ACLAND STREET ST KILDA VIC 3182.
MC: DANKSTA DOWNUNDER a.k.a. Hamish Danks Brown
HOW TO REGISTER: SIGN UP BELOW TO JOIN THE COMPETITION
* 3 minute time limit for all contestants, points will be deducted for exceeding 3 minutes & 10 seconds.
* There will be up to 3 rounds of slam poetry in each heat, depending on how many sign-up, I.e.,
12 contestants in round 1, 6 contestants in round 2, 3 contestants in round 3, or
8 contestants in round 1, 4 contestants in round 2, 2 contestants in round 3 or
6 contestants in round 1, 3 contestants in round 2.
* Contestants must perform a different poem in each round if they progress through to rounds 2 and 3.
* In the event of a tied result at the end of the last round there will be a slam-off to decide the winnerl
* The winner and runner-up of each heat (May to October) will be able to perform in the Grand Final to be held in November and, if unavailable, other contestants will be invited as wildcats entries.
* While contestants are free to perform on any topic or theme in any style, slam poetry is not a forum for hate speech or ranting directed at anyone else and contestants will be disqualified for doing so.
* Contestants are allowed to use mobile phones or tablets, or a poem printed or written on paper for their